Saturday, July 16, 2011

The next Paul Hamm

Personally, I’m more a fan of Blaine Wilson or Trent Dimas, but Paul is probably the more recognizable American male gymnast. I’m beginning to think that Zander may forgo T-ball and soccer for a little different sport – gymnastics. Somewhere along the line my little acrobat picked up on how to do a somersault and flip (though I think he’s actually going for a somersault he’s just not very graceful). Lord knows it wasn’t me who taught him – I get dizzy after just one attempt. And I saw Mike do one – he’s not much better. If there was a way to get him into just a fun gymnastics class I would so do it, but around here if kids are in a class it is pretty serious. I remember when my little sister was in a class and ended up hating it because they would force her into the splits and she would come home with bruises from the bars. Not my idea of fun and I doubt it would be Zander’s either. Now, you let him go at the foam pit and he would have a blast.



1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Don't they have a rec there that he could do classes through? They have recs all over here and they offer gymnastics to boys and girls; competitive gymnastics is through the actual centers