I truly believe that most toy inventors do not have children of their own. If they did, they would never think to put some things in the hands of small children. The latest case in point: Moon Dough. My mom bought a two-pack of the stuff for each of the boys for Christmas. She had heard great things about it and since the boys love Play-Doh she thought they would enjoy Moon Dough. She was totally right. I mean, look how happy these two are.
I, on the other hand, was not so happy. This stuff smells disgusting and makes an even bigger mess than Play-Doh. And I am not alone in my assessment. The smart parents over at Amazon.com think the same thing. Further complicating my clean-up efforts is the fact that my table has crevices where the “wood” planks come together. There is still Moon Dough stuck there.
My spirits were lifted some when I found Zander doing this.
This is a pretty big accomplishment for the kid who usually throws a royal fit every time I ask him to clean-up after himself. His new favorite thing to say is “Why do I have to do everything” in the most exaggerated and melodramatic voice imaginable. The comment is usually accompanied by a scream, a thrown toy and a time out. If only he was always this helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment