Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth fun at home

It looks a whole lot like the Fourth of July fun at my parents’ house actually thanks to Iowa being a sparklers-only kind of state. I couldn’t even find the colored smoke bombs or the little snapping things (that you throw on the ground and they pop) this year. So, sparklers and snakes it was. I found it amusing that this sparkler was only a couple inches shorter than Zander. And yes, those are his PJs. He had already bathed and I hate laundry.

 sparklers1

Even though their faces don’t show it, the boys were both really excited for the snakes. Personally, I don’t see the excitement, but apparently when you are 3 and 5 (and male) fire and growing black ash is pretty amazing.

sparklers7

And they both had a blast with the sparklers. We got the big tall ones, which popped like “real” fireworks, ones that burned in neon colors (which probably would have been much cooler after dark), and ones that whistled and scared the crap out of all of us!

sparklers4

                                      sparklers6sparklers12    

                sparklers3sparklers10

                sparklers5sparklers11

Ben just chilled in the stroller, happy to be away from the crazy kids and their fire sticks.

sparklers9 

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

sparklers2


And here is a fun video montage of the night.

No comments: