Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tape town

As my one last hurrah to “stay-at-home motherhood” I decided to make the boys their very own tape town in our living room. Nick saw a picture of this online and was certain their was no way I would do it because I wasn’t going to put tape on our newly cleaned carpets and because he just knew we didn’t have brown tape like in the picture. So, he went off to pout downstairs while Zander I got to work on the creation. Like most everything we do in this house I can’t take the claim for this project either. I first saw it at The Mother Huddle and knew my boys would love it. I was right. Zander got to playing right away. We took all his Imaginext toys and put them along the street to make a little town.

He had to rescue the boat from the water.

road6

And when Nick finally came upstairs I got the best reaction of all. He told me how cool it was and that he was so “impressed.” Seriously. That word came out of his mouth. And it made my night. The boys even played nicely for quite some time, stopping only to eat dinner.

road1

road2

road3

The hallway was a road to nowhere!

road4

Nick got sidetracked during the monsoon. There was so much rain it was streaming down the road. But Zander just kept on playing.

road5

And the best part: They begged us to keep it up overnight so they could play again in the morning. And sure enough Zander rolled out of bed (my kids have taken to sleeping in their clothes and it’s not a battle I care to fight) and started playing. He got another good two hours out of it before he finally got bored. They both agreed we will have to do this again sometime.

road2

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Tyler sleeps in his clothes too. You're right, so not worth the fight. They'll put PJs on again in the winter, I'm sure.