My mom got Nick a full-size Lite Brite for Christmas last year. When she asked the sales guy at Target if they carried them he looked at her like she was crazy. But, she finally found one at Toys R Us. And while they don’t look the same as when I was growing up the concept has not changed.
Step 1: Attach a black patterned piece of paper to the Lite Brite.
Step 2: Dig through a bunch of tiny little pegs to find the color that corresponds with each letter.
Step 3: Walk away before the picture is even done.
Yep, that sounds about right. It might be why it took me six long months to actually get these down off the shelf (sorry mom). Nick had fun for a few minutes. Then I got out Zander’s travel-size one (unfortunately this one doesn’t come with any pre-made patterns so he just had to wing it) and the fighting began. The adventure ended with Nick throwing Zander’s pegs on the floor (yeah for 120 Lite Brite peg pick-up). I’m pretty sure I am still stepping on those stinking things. But, it was fun while it lasted.
No comments:
Post a Comment