I do not have a green thumb. I do not like yard work or landscaping or anything like that. When we moved into this house the landscaping seemed pretty minimal, if not that attractive, so we just left it. But, as the summers passed I realized these two giant pine bushes on the side of our house were just awful. They were prickly. They couldn’t be cut back and they smelled heavily of pine. Two summers ago I tried cutting them back (they hung out into the yard and would scrape anyone who mowed the lawn), but instead just managed to kill them. And there they sat, completely brown save for a few sprigs of green near the house. Every year we talked about pulling them out, but without a truck or a hitch we had to rely on others to help us and I just kept putting off the asking. This summer I had finally had enough. My dad was kind enough to bring his truck over today after work and help us get them out of the ground. And while he was at it we pulled up this weird shaped, slightly sickly tree, too.
The tree used to grow right where Mike is standing. We have a small window there and sometimes the branches would scratch at the glass. The noise was straight out of a scary movie.
It’s hard to see, but there is a little blue spot behind this prickly bush. That is Nick. He was helping Papa wrap the chain around the base. Isn’t that bush pretty? I don’t even have to watch HGTV to know that this was killing our curb appeal.
There it goes. Nice knowing ya ugly bush.
Zander didn’t know what to think about all of this. He watched from the sidelines and the first time the truck started pulling the roots out of the ground he jumped at the noise.
Hopefully it won’t take us another two years to clean up the mess (three holes in the rocks) that these left behind. Thankfully my dad was kind enough to haul the bushes and tree away Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment