My 11 weeks of maternity leave ended today. At 3:30 I went to get the older boys from daycare and started the weekend. Now, it’s just like any other weekend when I have to go back to work on Monday. I’m not going to lie – I’m going to miss these days I spent home with Nick, Zander and Ben. There was a time I never thought I would get married and I definitely didn’t think kids were in my future. Now, I can’t imagine my life without my family. But, staying home full-time just isn’t in the cards. So on Monday I will get up at 5 a.m., get myself and three boys ready for the day and head out the door by 7 a.m. I will miss the three days each week I got to stay home bonding with Ben. I will miss the fun play dates I got to enjoy with the older boys. And the weekly library trips. And the art projects. I will miss having the time to keep my house in order so that I could enjoy all those things.
Going back to work full-time is going to be an adjustment. Nick starts T-ball the same week I go back. I already have a photo shoot scheduled for the same week. Mike will likely have to travel for work sometime soon. And then school will start in just a few more weeks. But, we will find our rhythm just like we did when Nick was born and again when Zander joined us. It might take a little longer this time and the interim weeks might be a little uglier but we will make it work. We always do.
1 comment:
Yes, you will make it work. Thinking of you today!
Great photo!!!
Post a Comment