The Legos have exploded in our house and while they may not be toxic, my reaction is reaching the nuclear level. So far the annoying little blocks have left their mark in four different rooms.
Exhibit A: The living room

Exhibit B: Ben's room


Exhibit C: The computer room


Exhibit D: My room

I couldn't take it anymore. We have thousands of Legos, including numerous expensive City sets, yet the boys never even touch those because it is impossible to find the necessary pieces. To their credit they do build with Legos and I love seeing what their imagination holds, but if they were just going to build that way we could have saved several hundred bucks and just bought them some basic buckets of bricks. So, I did a little online looking and sent Mike to Lowes in search of some organizational items that would hopefully save my sanity. Oh, and help the boys find what they need. He came home with three organizers and Nick was so excited to get right to work.

We turned on the iTunes and spent more than an hour sorting the Legos in the computer room.

Zander tried to help but ended up getting in the way more than anything else. I finally gave him a pile of the standard larger blocks to sort by color and that kept him happy for awhile.

This will not be an overnight process and I have no idea if it will even work in the long run, but at least for now I feel like we are doing something to address this issue. I guess I figure it can't get much worse!
2 comments:
And I thought I had OCD :) Look at you arranging the legos BY COLOR in bins. Organization pro!
That's not me -- it's my husband! He can walk over a pile of dirty laundry for days but the Legos must be organized by color. He was having as many fits as me about the Legos in our house. :)
Post a Comment