Growing up we spent every Friday night with my Mema and Papa. Sometimes we just met for dinner and sometimes we got together after the meal was over. I’m sure I didn’t appreciate it at the time (I remember throwing around the “B” word a few times when I was done eating but the adults wanted to keep on gabbing), but now, I wish we could still find time in our busy schedules to keep that tradition alive. I miss those times with my Mema and Papa and wish my kids had the same kind of memories to look back on with their Mema and Papa. But, everyone is so busy these days that we take the couple times a year (outside of holidays) that we can get together for a meal (yes, we see each other for other stuff in between) and make the most of them. This week, out of the blue, my mom invited us over for dinner. Of course I said yes. The boys love hanging out with them and truthfully, so do I.
We were supposed to head over to their house about 4 p.m., but the loud rumbling in the sky distracted us once again. Ben is a bit too young to appreciate the Thunderbirds and was perfectly content to watch us all pointing to the sky from the back of the truck.
So, we were a few minutes late. We had a great dinner and then the boys played for awhile before we had to head home.
And because this little exchange is so much better in video than on camera:
1 comment:
I loved sunday and think it needs to happen wayyy more often !!!! We just need to make it happen <3
The video didnt work for me :(
I love you Emily and thanks for being such a wonderful daughter and mother ..
Post a Comment