Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to school night

We spent some time this afternoon getting the boys’ backpacks ready for the first day of school. Nick had his back to school night tonight and Zander gets to take his tomorrow.

ready1

Mike was out of town so I took Nick to meet his teacher. Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pictures. Sometimes my big camera makes me very self-conscious so I don’t take pictures even though I want to. That and no one else was taking any pictures. I was very surprised in all honesty. But, whatever. I’ll just have to volunteer for a party sometime so I can get pictures inside the room! Anyway, Nick got all his supplies put away, met his new teacher (I’d already talked to her several times because of Nick’s peanut allergy) and then we headed out. Even outside the school he wanted nothing to do with my camera. He tried his best to run away.

backpacknight1

It worked. I have a feeling I will be seeing this a lot more in the coming years. My little guy is growing up!

backpacknight2

On a complete sidenote – look at those feet!!! He is wearing a 4.5 shoe. At 5. That’s nearly men’s sizes. I really hope that slows down or I will be special ordering his shoes by fifth grade!

No comments: