I love making simple, but fun "special" treats for the boys. Unfortunately, my attempts usually go to waste because the boys never end up liking anything I make (remember the St. Patrick's Day Jell-O). But, when I saw these chocolate covered bananas on Random Thoughts of a Supermom I thought they might have a chance. And if the boys didn't like them I figured I would.
The boys certainly had fun helping me make them. They snuck sprinkles and I let them lick the melted chocolate out of the bottom of the bowl.
The first few bites seem to go over well. Even Zander was acting like he liked it.
But after the first few bites of chocolate Zander was done. He opted for a piece of string cheese instead. Nick, who earlier had begged for two bananas, happily finished his but passed on Zander's and the other leftover one in the freezer. I can't say I blame him. They were very good, but much sweeter than I had anticipated.
2 comments:
Making sure you see this!!!!
http://playathomemom3.blogspot.com/2011/08/bubble-boy.html
HOW COOL!!
Thanks Kati. That's awesome, though I think it would have to be a fall or spring thing around here. I have to believe it is pretty stinking hot in there! Are you planning to try it?
Post a Comment