Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bag lady

It used to be I could grab my purse and go. Then, I started work and in an effort to save money I started packing my lunch so I had a purse and reusable bag. Then, I had a baby, so it was a purse, reusable bag and a diaper bag. Then one of my babies started school and added a backpack and lunch box to the mix. Do you see where this is going? I feel like a bag lady every time I leave the house. I’ve contemplated buying a bigger van just so we can fit all our daily stuff inside (and I am only half kidding). Now that Zander is in school I have to get eight bags ready every morning before I leave for work three days a week. The other two days it’s only six.

This is my counter on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. On Mondays and Fridays I lighten the load by removing the bright blue backpack and the Toy Story lunch box. In the back, from left to right, is my breast pump bag, lunch box/briefcase (the bright green reusable bag), Nick’s backpack, Zander’s backpack, my purse, and the diaper bag. Thankfully I only leave the house with six of the bags (Mike takes Nick and his backpack and lunchbox) but still. I don’t even want to think about the day when I add another backpack and lunchbox to this mix!

bags1

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Can't you leave what Ben needs at the sitter? That's what we do.