Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm still trying

It's not always easy, but I am trying very hard to continue to plan fun things for Nick and Zander on the days they are home with me. I slacked off during the final months of my pregnancy and it has been hard to get back into the swing of things now that Ben is here, but every once in awhile we manage to do something fun. And every once in awhile the boys manage to do something fun together - even better.

My mom bought this Cranium game for Nick when he was about three. Then she "forgot" about it under her bed. When she finally discovered it last fall she decided she might as well pass it along to him then. It's a cute enough game and even Zander can play (though he didn't really like the rules) so it's a winner in my book.


Then there was the morning Zander wanted to finger paint. I thought it would be easier to just let them paint in the tub so I made some shaving cream paints and let them loose.



I was VERY wrong about it being easier. The last time I did this Zander was the only one in the tub and he kept everything relatively clean. Having both of them in there together resulted in a much bigger mess than finger paints have ever caused. And to make matters worse the food coloring appears to left a very faint stain on my tub. It didn't do that last time. I thought it was going to stain my bathroom rug, too, but a quick wash and a Tide Stain Release packet had it looking like new by the end of the day. Doesn't the bathroom look pretty? I had to clean the tub four times with three different cleaners to get almost everything off the walls.


Water colors are a much cleaner option. Zander had never used water colors before and seemed to like the idea. I'm guessing I will like it until one of them spills the dirty paint water on my floor.




Hopefully I can continue to keep them busy throughout the summer.

1 comment:

Mema said...

Can I just say.. u are the best mommy <3