This is Miss Lisa. She has been his favorite daycare teacher for the last two years. On his second day in class she was the one who held him close when he was crying and refusing to walk across the hall to his preschool classroom. She's the one he is always helping with the laundry or making copies or just doing little things around the room. And she's the one who brings him special snacks when she knows that a parent who is bringing treats for a party might forget to read the label. She's a gem and I know I will miss her, too.

This is Miss Katherine. She's the one that helps Miss Lisa in the daycare room. And she's the one that is only a few inches taller (and probably only a few pounds heavier) than Nick. But, she is still good for a hug at the end of every day.

This is the preschool teacher formerly known as Miss H (her last name was too hard for the kids) and now known as Mrs. Counsell. She got married last fall, but many of the kids still call her Miss H. She's the one I foolishly told I had a shy child and who told me during our first conference that Nick was doing great in class, was a big helper and while quiet (really? My Nick?) not all that shy. This was her first year teaching and judging by Nick's progress I'd give her an A.

This is the other Miss H, though the kids all call her Miss Hildebrand. She's been with Nick's preschool class for two years now and is a wonderful paraeducator.

I can only hope that he has such a warm, caring group of individuals looking out for him and teaching him in kindergarten next year.
1 comment:
Welcome to K Nick!
Post a Comment