As for Nick's ball skills --- he is getting better at making contact with the ball, though everyone agrees the tee is just too short for him. Oh, and the helmets are still too small. My mom says we need to go buy him his own before the next season. I think it might be a good idea. There were a few nights I thought we would end up in the ER with his ear in our hands the darn helmets were so hard to get off.

Mike is trying to help him with his speed. He thinks this stance will help. The other kids think Nick is trying to give them five. I watched no less than three players come up and hit Nick's hand when it was hanging out like this. But, it does seem to be working. The boy has definitely picked up some speed since last year.


And while he still isn't the most coordinated catcher he at least looks like he is ready for the ball. One time it even landed right in his glove. I think he was just as stunned as the rest of us. At least we know what to work on before July.

No comments:
Post a Comment