Friday, May 20, 2011

A farewell to preschool

Nick's preschool class celebrated their last day of school with a trip to the park for snacks and some free playtime. The preschool parents were all invited to join the fun. Despite rain clouds threatening to ruin the fun the kids made the walk down to the park. I felt bad because I didn't send Nick to school with a sweatshirt or jacket and it was kind of chilly. But, once snack time was over and they got to playing he didn't seem to mind.

For the record: He has NOT mastered the art of jumping rope just yet.


Nick is always the little helper and even the draw of the outdoors isn't enough to keep him from offering his teachers an extra hand. I only wish he was so thoughtful at home.


And of course what kid doesn't love the parachute? I just like this picture because it shows just how big Nick is compared to his classmates.


Once the official school sanctioned event was over the kids with parents present all bum rushed this slide. One of Nick's classmates (the cute little one I caught him holding hands with at the fire station) broke her wrist on the school playground and since then all the preschool kids have been banned from the equipment. Seems like a pretty crappy deal to me, but I'm guessing they have good reason to make that rule.


At the end of the morning I had to go in and pay my last daycare bill (for this year). All of Nick's daycare friends had to come and see the baby. Nick was quick to play the role of protective brother telling all his friends they couldn't touch and they had to be quiet.

No comments: