Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mike's leaving: Take 3

We really thought the third time would be a charm. Mike managed to get a flight out of our local airport (which is usually exponentially more expensive) without having to pay a dime more. We once again had the boys say good-bye in the morning so as to avoid any airport tears later in the day. Seriously, by this point we were just ready to have him go. Not that we don't love him and all, but the back and forth was getting a bit ridiculous. See, everyone was smiling for these good-byes.




And Nick was still very worried about the iPad. See, he's telling Mike "It better be here when I get home."



I left work a little early to drop him off so his car wouldn't be sitting in the parking lot for what now amounted to two and a half weeks. He was going to have to spend a little extra time waiting around in the terminal, but it was worth it to get the tears/good-byes out of the way in the morning. He called me while I was at Target to say the plane had left Minneapolis a little late, but it was in the air. We all took this for a good sign. I had just picked up the boys, put on my PJs (my permanent at home pregnant wear) when the phone rang. They had turned the plane around. His flight was cancelled. I needed to come get him. Seriously? Yep. I guess the third time wasn't a charm this time around.

No comments: