Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mike's leaving: Take 2

This is going to be a rare pictureless post but it has to be done. You see, Mike left again for the second try at making it to Poughkeepsie. Those sad faced Nick pictures I posted the other day. Imagine them again. That's what it looked like. But this time there was a small smile on his face. The reason: the iPad. Nick's compromise for not crying too much was that Mike would leave the iPad behind. It seemed to work. There were tears, but nothing too extreme. Not that it mattered anyway.

Mike left for the airport before we came home from work/school. About 5 p.m. I called him to let him know that flights were being canceled due to fog. He didn't seem too worried but about an hour later I got a call back. He was just texted that his early morning flight had been cancelled. He was coming home. Again.

No comments: