Well, the great ice storm of 2013 (Ok, so it really wasn’t that bad) not only afforded us the opportunity to eat cake twice in one day , Nick also got the chance to be Wayne Gretzky right in our own driveway. It was hilarious, and painful, to watch. And he loved every minute of it (until that very last second when he land on his butt pretty hard – even he agreed it was time to go in then). I saw a co-worked post pictures of him and his son out on their driveway playing broomball earlier in the day. Mike wouldn’t take Nick out (he’s paranoid about his foot) and I’m a wimp so I took Nick out but did very little playing. I was the puck girl as Nick so kindly put it. When he made a goal, or when he didn’t, I was responsible for sending the puck back to him. It worked and he seems happy just to be outside and doing something while his brothers were napping. And yes, those are pajama pants. We don’t get dressed on snow days. After a couple falls though he did go inside for waterproof gloves and some snow pants.
The best part about all of this, Nick told me several times that afternoon that he had a fun day even if he didn’t get to go to the bounce houses. That is a win in my book.
1 comment:
Hilarious!! Glad it hit you and NOT me!!!!
Post a Comment