Sunday, January 13, 2013

Back for more

This weekend we headed back to the Iowa Children’s Museum for a second go-round. Our first visit was in August 2011 when Ben was just an itty-bitty baby. It was during that trip that we stopped at Build-A-Bear and got each boy their own stuffed animal to love (Zander’s has been loved the most --- it is the bear he sleeps with every night). And it was during that trip that I fell in love with the Iowa Children’s Museum. I’ve been itching to take the boys back for ages, but it just never really worked out, until this weekend. I got some clothes for Christmas that could only be returned via mail or at a store we don’t have in town, so off to Coralville we went before the receipt expired.

As expected the boys had a great time even though very little had changed since our last visit. I was especially excited to see how Ben would react since this was his first real visit. Of course, he didn’t disappoint. As expected, the city activities (the ambulance, grocery store, pizzeria and post office) were the family favorites. And with that, I will let the pictures do the talking --- there are a lot of them!

museum2

museum3

museum1

museum4

museum6

museum7

museum8

museum10

museum16

museum9

museum17

This was one of the few new things. The entire wall as covered with these tubes that were attached to an air source. When you put a fluffy ball or scarf into one of the two openings it would go flying through the tubes and pop out somewhere in the maze. There were also spots where you could change the direction of the air flow by opening and closing a tube. Other than the fact it was difficult to get the balls and scarves in the machine Ben loved watching them fly through it.

museum5

I also don’t remember this, but given that it was hidden in the corner it’s quite possible we just passed it over the first time. You attach a parachute to the clip, pull the ropes to get the parachute high in the air and when the clip hits the ceiling it opens and sends the parachute flying.

museum12

museum11

museum13

museum14

museum15

No comments: