That’s what Lowe’s calls their kid’s building program. A couple times a month they let little people take over the store to build some sort of something out of precut wood. We have done it once or twice before eons ago (before Mike started running for hours on end every weekend) but haven’t tried one out in awhile. With Mike unable to run and now sick and unable to swim I thought this might be a good weekend to give it a second try. Besides, we needed light bulbs again and Lowes is just as good as any other place so why not.
Once in the store it didn’t take long to find where to go. All you had to do was follow the noise. We arrived just minutes after 10 a.m., when it was supposed to start, and found dozens of families already assembling their project. Our boys picked one of the five options (this week was “Mystery Week” a.k.a. “Get Rid of Leftovers Week”) and we got to work at the only clear space at the table. I was unable to take any pictures while the boys were actually assembling their Madagascar 3 Assault Vehicle. I was put on Zander duty and Mike and I shared Ben duty. Unfortunately there isn’t much for Ben to do while the big boys are busy except get in trouble. But, I did snap a few after Zander’s was done and while Nick was lining up his stickers.
And look at this cute little sweetheart. He had just thrown away the boys’ plastic and papers from their projects. He was so proud of himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment