Friday, June 10, 2011

One month



I can't believe it has been a month since we welcomed Benjamin into our family! In some ways he has changed things so much, but on the other hand I feel like he has always been here. He is such a good little baby (except for a few days of fussiness and puking) and everyone, including the extended family, is absolutely smitten with him. I mean really, what's not to love, at least when they are this small.

A good friend, and fellow blogger, Kati, did this monthly picture and update with her babies and I thought I would give it a try with Ben. It was so much fun to see how they changed every month and a good reminder of what they had accomplished in the past four weeks. She did it monthly for the first year but we will see how long I remember to stick it out!
Still spending a lot of time sleeping. He only wakes up once in the night to eat (Oh happy day) and naps quite well in the swing most days. But, when he is awake he is very alert and wants a lot of attention. I'm happy to oblige most of the time.


As for Ben he is:


  • Eating well, despite our well-documented troubles. I am back to nursing (thank god) and am going to be happy with this for as long as it lasts. When I was giving him a bottle he was eating about 4 ounces every two to three hours, except overnight, and I am hoping he is getting the same now that I can no longer measure it. I guess we will know when he visits the doctor next month.


  • Speaking of the doctor, he was 8 pounds 12.8 ounces during his 1-month, weight only check up. It wasn't quite the 9 pounds we were hoping for, but close enough. He seems happy and healthy, so I'm not going to worry too much.


  • In his first month Ben has been to Kindermusik, T-ball, swim lessons, preschool/daycare and just about anywhere I have to go on a daily basis. Needless to say I am pretty laid back about him. We aren't really changing our day-to-day living because there is a baby in the house.


  • He is sleeping in a basinette in our bedroom and will likely stay there until it is no longer safe for him to be in it. It's easier on me and he is less likely to wake up everyone else in the house if I don't have to get out of bed to comfort him.


  • The boys absolutely adore their brother, except for when he cries during dinner or keeps me from doing something for/with them at this. exact. moment.


  • As for me, I am enjoying some quiet moments with him on the three days that the older boys still go to daycare. When they are home I just don't have many options to sit and marvel at him and his special newborn smallness. These days are going to be gone before I know it and I don't want to miss them. I still have seven more weeks of maternity leave and I am going to do my best to enjoy every minute of it with him.


  • 1 comment:

    Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

    Ahhh...so cute! It is amazing how they grow. You don't realize it until you look back. And I know you can do it each month, you're the photographer after all :)