Saturday, June 25, 2011

Celebrating Sturgis Falls

We don't really get into the whole festival thing (Nick can't eat most of the food and I don't trust the rides of the people operating them), but every year we make a point of heading out for the Sturgis Falls parade. Though the actual parade leaves something to be desired the boys are too young to notice. They love the music, the fire trucks and motorcycles and there is never a shortage of any of those things.

This year Mike dropped me off to save our spot about 8 a.m. (parade started at 10). Then he took the older boys to go get some breakfast (Panera). After breakfast the boys played on the blanket and the sidewalk while Ben snoozed. He slept in the stoller or in mine or Mike's arms through the entire thing. So much for his first parade experience.




This was the first time I remember seeing Tommy Hawk (our hockey team's mascot) in the parade. Nick was bummed he didn't get to give him five, but Zander was happy to only wave from across the street.


Like I said, there is never a shortage of motorcycles.


Or music. Zander loved dancing to the marching bands or to any passing car with its music blaring. He was doing the cutest little hip wiggle, but everytime I turned on the video camera he stopped. Oh well ... this is still a pretty cute montage.

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

One of these years I'll get to come to this