Monday, June 27, 2011

Hidin' out

When the weather is cool enough (but not too cold) the boys love to play on the three season porch. Lately, their favorite thing to do is take all the blankets from the living room and create a fort using our old kitchen table. They take their music and Cars flashlights in there and play for at least 20 minutes (sometimes more). Hey, in my world, 20 minutes of them getting along is a success. I take what I can get.

One of the old chairs serves as their doorway.


Did I mention they also steal my pillows? But, hey, it's all done in the name of creativity and brotherly love so I am cool with it.




My sister is buying her first house soon and recently asked what we had done with the old table. I felt bad telling her she couldn't have it, but I love having a craft/fort table that I don't care if the boys trash. Who would have thought a $150 table from Kmart would last 10 years and potentially even be "handed down" through the family. Does it make me old if I say "They just don't make things like they used to?" Just wondering.

No comments: