This time, we spent the morning with Dan Wardell from IPTV. I’m truly amazed at how much my kids enjoy the simple public television shows. Their favorite lately has been Curious George. And I will take the little mischievous monkey and the man in the yellow hat any day over shows like Suite Life on Deck and iCarly.
Anyway, back to the library. We once again met up with some of our friends. These events are always better (for moms and kids) when there is someone to share the fun.
And fun they had. Dan took them on a journey to the Egyptian Pyramids, the Loch Ness monster’s lake and to find the Abominable Snowman. It was quite a journey to finish in 45 minutes, but you can move pretty fast when you take a UFO.
The kids got to flex their muscles learning about the food pyramid and how healthy foods can make them strong.
They threw snowballs at the Yeti and us!
And in general just had lots of fun. I love these smiles!
I don’t know how Dan does it, but managed to keep the entire room full of kids completely captivated for 45 minutes. And he used nothing more than his (or the station’s prop guy) imagination, some cardboard, velcro and of course a whole lot of energy.
No comments:
Post a Comment