Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh Christmas tree

For the last three years I have hemmed and hawed about when to put up our Christmas tree. It's not that I don't like it. I just don't want the extra stress of it coming down on top of my kids. Last year we didn't put it up until about a week before Christmas and if just felt like a lot of work for not much enjoyment. This year I vowed to get it up sooner. And I did, though not as soon as I would have liked (last weekend would have been ideal).

We only lost one ornament in the decorating process. Mike gave Zander two bulbs and he thought he could treat them the same way he treats any other bulb --- so he banged them together. Scared the crap out of him. Mike learned his lesson and I decided it was time to invest in some new bulbs. This time, I'm getting ones that don't break!















This is what a tree looks like when it is decorated by a 1- and 4-year-old. See where all the ornaments are? I'm debating on whether I should leave it like that.

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

haha. I think you should leave it. Tyler is in a big "I can't do it" phase so he tried to put on a few and then gave up with his usual phrase. Maybe next year.