I have to admit, I was pretty impressed. He was very nervous and wobbly-kneed to begin with, but after the first lap (which took about 20 minutes) he started to get the hang of it. Originally, I offered to sit out with Zander but grew tired of watching them have all the fun. So, Zander and I got some skates and joined Nick and Mike on the ice. Zander actually did pretty good, too, though it was naptime so he was tired and wanted to be carried most of the time. Thankfully, I remembered just enough about skating from high school not to drop him!
When open skate was over we stuck around for a few minutes to watch the rec league players practice. The kids ranged from 4 to about 8 and Nick really had fun watching them, but said he didn't want to do it. I'm not going to push him, but geez, those kids are so dang adorable.






No comments:
Post a Comment