Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day!

About a foot of snow has fallen in the last 36 hours. Yeah, we weren't going anywhere today. But I did try. Then I got stuck. In the driveway. It wasn't much fun, but I would rather it was in the driveway then halfway between here and daycare. So we stayed home. And Nick bugged me all day to go outside. Did I mention it was brutally cold too? But, I finally relented -- mostly because I wanted to try and shovel a tunnel for my van to escape through tomorrow. They've already declared another snow day for the schools. It's not looking so good for me leaving tomorrow either. Our street (a dead end) has yet to be plowed. Yeah, we kind of get forgotten.

Here's my hand-shoveled tunnel. Nick helped. Kind of.



Doesn't he look so proud? And cold. Just seconds before this was taken he was in the garage "warming up." Then he ran out, posed for this picture and ran back in. The garage isn't heated, but I guess he was at least out of the wind.



This is where our stairs used to be. I'm sure they are still under there somewhere.



Thanks Dad! You saved my back ...



... and Santa Claus.



Once the jolly old elf was standing again Dad punched him in the nose. And laughed. I'm pretty sure he's not getting anything but coal in his stocking this year.

No comments: