Nick had his first preschool Christmas program Friday (and I do love that he can have a Christmas program since he is in a Catholic preschool). The kids all gathered on the carpet and the teachers set up a few rows of chairs for all the parents. It was cramped quarters, but for the 10 minute concert it didn't much matter.
I don't think Nick did much singing, but he definitely put on a show. I just don't think all parts of it were appropriate for a preschool classroom. Truly, I worry about this kid sometimes! I just hope that if professionals do, too, they at least tell me! :)
He spent the first two songs trying to hide from me and my camera. He did a pretty good job, too, since the girl in front of him was the same size. I finally got up and moved so I could get some pictures. Mom stayed where she was with the video camera and got all his fun antics on tape.
This is where it gets a bit dicey. I don't know if he gets bored, or what, but he is off in his own little world sometimes. There is plenty of belly baring and Monk-like behavior to go around. Oh, and don't miss the part in the middle where he lifts up his shirt, pulls the "cell phone" out and talks for a few minutes. I asked him later what he was talking about. He said someone had the wrong cell phone and needed him to look the right one up on the computer. The story lasted until we got home, where he ran straight for the computer to finish his work.
And a lovely version of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" sung by everyone but my son!
No comments:
Post a Comment