Saturday, September 10, 2011

Four months

How is it possible that Ben is 4 months old? (Broken record, I know). But, it is so true. Life is definitely more chaotic with three little ones always needing something, but I wouldn’t change it (OK, not all of it, but maybe just a little bit of it) for the world. I mean,  look at this sweet thing. He’s just too cute for words.

4months2

4months1

But, here are a few anyway. At four months Ben is:

  • Almost completely weaned from nursing. It was a very hard decision for me, but one I had to make. Life is just too hectic and it just wasn’t working for us anymore. So, now he happily chugs down about 6 ounces of formula every 3 hours. The doctor has said we can give him cereal, but I am cool with holding off for now because he is …
  • Pretty much sleeping through the night. I’ve moved him out of the bassinette and he is loving the roominess of his crib. At first he still wanted fed once a night, but now he usually fusses once or twice for a pacifier and is happy with that. Some morning (OK, a lot of them) he wakes up about 4 a.m. and doesn’t want to fall back asleep so I bring him in bed with me. I wouldn’t have to, but I secretly love the extra cuddle time.
  • Still only rolling over from stomach to back, but he’s almost got it going the other way, too. He isn’t sitting up yet, but he loves the Bumbo at daycare and the jumperoo at our house. His upper body is quite strong compared to the other boys at this age.
  • A chatty little boy. He is constantly learning to make new sounds and then repeating them over and over again. He loves blowing bubbles and is usually a pretty wet mess.
  • Loves playing with toys (he’s grabbing and holding them and can even get them into his mouth) and his toes. I love watching him lay on his back, grab his toes and then roll of to the side.
  • Smiling all the time. He is still a mostly happy baby, though the bigger/chunkier he gets the harder it is to see those little dimples.
  • Still not that chunky. At his 4 month check-up he was 14 pounds 1 ounce completely clothed and the smallest of my three boys to this point. We’ll see how that changes after he’s on formula.
  • Wearing all 6 month clothes, though they are still a little big on him (until I wash and dry them). The sleepers fit perfectly, but the pants often look like they are going to fall off at any minute.

4months3