Every couple of weeks, sometimes more, Zander gets to check out a “book bag” from his preschool classroom teacher. Each bag (a pillowcase with a drawstring sewn in) has a book and dolls that help illustrate the book. Zander brought his first one home this week. The book was called “This is the Star” and is the story of Joseph and Mary and the birth of baby Jesus. We aren’t a religious family, but since Zander is at a Catholic preschool I really can’t complain. I’m actually more thrown by the use of the word “ass” than I am of the religion part. It’s tough to read that word to a kid, even if I know it just means donkey.
I was told this particular bag is the biggest of them all (might be why Zander chose it). It includes a Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and his cradle, three wise men, two kings, an angel, two sheep and a donkey. And they were all hand-stuffed and crocheted. It’s actually not a bad little set. And it kept Zander busy for a little while so mission accomplished.
I don’t think Baby Jesus asleep on the couch was part of the story.
1 comment:
wow! Impressive. Someone spent a lot of time on that
Post a Comment