Sunday, September 4, 2011

Jump around

I’ve been holding off on getting the Jump-a-roo out mostly because I don’t want to admit that Ben is getting bigger. His upper body control is amazing and there really is no reason he can’t play in this for at least a little bit at a time – except me. But, Ben needs something to keep him entertained and I don’t always trust putting him on the floor with Thing 1 and Thing 2 running about. Last night we went to the store to look at the Bumbo chairs. I had bought one with Nick but took it back because his chubby little legs looked so uncomfortable. We tried it with Ben and he fit fine, but the darn things are $40 a pop. You can get a cheap exersaucer for just $10 more so we looked at those. But, of course the most basic ones are never that good so we kept looking at the more and more expensive items until we finally got to the new jump-a-roos. These things have toys on every side and hanging from the top. The seats swivel. It’s like the Cadillac of the exersaucer. And it’s $90. I’m cheap. And the idea of spending $90 on a toy that Ben may only sit in for a couple of months seemed a bit excessive, so we decided to just give our old boring one a try. Apparently we are the only ones who think it is boring. Doesn’t he look like he’s having fun?

jump4

And of course, Zander had to get in on the action, too. As soon as he sees the camera out he has to jump in front and ask “I’m in the picture, too, Mommy?”

jump1

So, even though the new, fancy jumper is on sale for $70 this week, I think we will just keep this old one around through our one last kid and call it good.

jump2

I mean, it’s all new to him right?

jump3

No comments: