The idea of a family bed is just not for me. I like my space when I sleep at night and sharing my bed with a husband and multiple children just wouldn’t allow for that. However, I’ve been known to sneak a baby or two into my bed on occasion. And I will admit, I kind of like it. Ben is a pretty good sleeper, but he has a tendency to wake up about 4 a.m. and not want to go back to sleep. So … in an effort to preserve my sanity (and enjoy this last baby as much as possible) I will usually bring him into bed with me until the alarm goes off at 5 a.m. Then, I pass him along to Mike while I shower and get dressed for the day. Sometimes he stays sleeping and sometimes he doesn’t. As long as he doesn’t cry Mike enjoys the cuddle time, too.
Until this one shows up. Zander is still a VERY early riser (though he is getting a little better). And, since the first thing he wants to do every morning is “touch Ben” of course he crawls into bed for his baby fix, too.
Ben doesn’t look too sure about all of this. I think he’s saying “Put down the camera and save me Mom.”
No comments:
Post a Comment