Sunday, March 27, 2011

Celebrating 3 fun years

With swim lessons and the Imagination Movers last weekend we didn't have time to throw a birthday party, too. So, this weekend we invited the family over for munchies, cake, ice cream and of course, presents! A nasty bug hit our house last week (the boys both stayed home with fevers, I've stayed home with a fever and Mike has been under the weather, too) so I respectfully uninvited my grandparents from the shindig (Papa had part of his lung removed a year almost exactly a year ago and doesn't need any chest colds complicating his life).

So .. it was a small, but fun party! And, as usual, Zander was ridiculously spoiled! We got him a MobiGo so he doesn't have to steal his brother's anymore (I know, I am just making my problem with technology worse). He also got a Chuck stunt set ...


this McDonald's drive thru set (His eyes lit up when he opened this -- what does that say about me as a parent?)...


and this big tractor. It was the only thing he ever told my mom that he wanted and of course she delivered.




He gave everyone their obligatory Thank You hug.



And then we got down to the business of cake. I am so not a baker or a food artist, so this cheesy Handy Manny cake is as good as it gets. Thankfully, Zander didn't seem to mind. He was just so excited to have a Handy Manny birthday!


When the food was done he dug into all the toys! Look at the carnage!

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

We live on McD's too. Hey, they have to eat!