Sunday, March 6, 2011

Another weekend, another birthday

While I am very happy that Nick has friends at school I am getting a little tired of going to birthday parties every weekend. This was weekend number two with a party, and it was for two of his little friends. This weekend was a fun trip to the Imaginarium, where kids can learn about science themes with hands-on exihibits. Oh, and a snake show. Did you just shudder because I did. At first, Nick did, too. When the man brought out the first snake, a skinny "little" thing, Nick shrunk back into his seat and had a look of terror on his face.


Funny thing, a cute little blonde in his class (the one I am smitten with and who he was caught holding hands with at the fire station) was all about petting the snake. When I asked Nick if he was going to touch the snakes he told me "I don't like the little ones, Mom. But, I'll touch the big ones." He wasn't lying.


After the snake show and some cake and treats the kids headed back upstairs to have some fun (and maybe learn a little something in the process). This little basketball experiment really took Nick by surprise.




The kids worked together to lift a 500 pound weight bag.


And this robotic arm (reminded me of the rip-off claw machines at the store) was a hit with all of the kids (and a lot of the adults, too).



No comments: