I am unable to get in the pool (well, unable because I am unwilling to buy a maternity suit), so Mike and Zander are getting some bonding time in the water.



Then there is this kid.

Last year, he wanted very little to do with the water. He didn't want to be in there by himself unless we were nearby. He didn't want to put his ears in the water let alone his whole head. He was scared to jump in and was nervous letting the teacher help him. He improved over the course of the month, but he was still pretty hesitant when all was said and done. Umm... not so much this year.
This year, he is in the water by himself. He put his ears in. Then his chin. He blew bubbles. And then he went under. All the way. Without plugging his nose. And then he did it again. And again. And again. He was picking up rings off the bottom of the pool and "swimming" with dumbbell looking floating device. Yeah, I'm impressed and so happy. Oh, and proud. Did I mention proud?


I can't wait to see what happens next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment