Saturday, March 12, 2011

Another birthday party for Nick

This time his friend invited the kids to the YWCA for a pool party - so it was swim lessons in the morning and pool party in the afternoon. Nick was pooped by the end of the day - even with a nap in between. The YW required all the kids to wear life jackets, which reminded me I need to buy a new one for Nick. He is now to big for the Toy Story one we bought last year (by about 4 pounds), but we made it work for this event.


Nick was one of the first kids to jump in the pool (literally) and he didn't want to get out until the very last possible minute.


Even with the life jacket on he tried to practice going under. It didn't work that well, but he at least put his face in!


Now we just have to work on getting him to come up without looking like he might die.


With the life jacket serving as a safety device he even practiced his "swimming arms" and managed to swim across the pool! I was so proud. I guess those swim lessons really are working!


And in between all the "work" he even managed to have a little fun with his friends! I swear, he isn't trying to drown this little boy.


And then, what post about Nick would be complete without his new signature picture!

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Birthday parties are so much fun...and tiring