Friday, December 16, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

Having a mobile 7-month-old and a Christmas tree has been a challenge this year. We can’t leave Ben alone in the living room for more than 3 seconds without having to worry about whether or not the tree will still be standing when we return. We’ve even trained the boys to yell “turtle tree” when Ben is heading for the tree. Don’t ask – it was a Mike thing, but it works so I don’t question it. On a side note both boys now yell “turtle (fill in the blank)” whenever Ben is heading for something he shouldn’t.

I suppose I don’t help the problem when I encourage him to touch the tree and the bulbs so that I can take a few pictures. It’s just so cute I can’t help myself. He was absolutely fascinated by the lights and the bulbs (Mike moved one down low just so he could bat at it) and eventually ended up completely under the tree. I figured as long as there were two adults watching he was completely safe.

tree5

tree4

tree2

tree1