Sunday, December 11, 2011

A new tradition?

Maybe not. But it was fun this one time. Mike was sick today so I did my best to keep the boys out of the house or occupied while we were home. I had planned on making salt dough ornaments for awhile but we’ve just never got around to it (for the last six years). Now I know why. They are kind of a pain. And ugly. And a pain. But, the boys had fun so I guess it was worth it. The boys helped at every step …

ornaments3

including the kneading. This was the worst part. You have to knead the dough for 15 to 20 minutes. I might never have suggested this little project if I would have read the directions to see that part before starting. Nick was able to help some, but Zander gave up after just a couple seconds.

ornaments2

Ben, like usual, was contained to the high chair so he could safely watch.

ornaments4

I do like that I have a record of each boy’s hand for this year (It took a lot of dough to get a circle big enough for Nick’s monster paw). I just hope they actually last.

ornaments1

I also have a pile of “other” ornaments still laying on the counter. We had planned on painting them but just haven’t gotten around to it. Maybe someday. Or maybe not. I’m going to go with the latter.

No comments: