Friday, June 18, 2010

Puzzle power

For a long time Nick was super into puzzles of all kinds. Lately, his attention has wandered to more creative/crafty kinds of projects, but a recent trip to the Dollar Tree changed all that. Even the dollar stores are cashing in on the Toy Story 3 mega marketing scheme. Right inside the door was an end cap with multiple TS3 items, including three different 100 piece puzzles. Nick was in love, but I was hesitant. He can fly through 35 piece puzzles without problem, but struggles with 65 pieces. I figured 100 would be way too many, but for $1 I figured we could at least try.

As soon as we were done with dinner he wanted to sit down and start on one of the new puzzles. So Mike and I sat down with him to see how he did. I have to say I was quite pleased. He needed a little gently prodding, but for the most part did everything all by himself.




He wanted to try another one but was obviously tired, so we convinced him to wait another day.

Zander wanted to get in on the action, too. Instead of letting him play with Nick's puzzle we tried to entertain him with his own. Despite what these pictures looklike, he wasn't all that interested. I swear, these two kids are absolutely nothing alike.



No comments: