But, mostly, Zander has been the problem. He is learning to say more everyday, but overall, he is still not completely able to communicate with us. So he screams. Loud. And often. I admit, I've been a bad parent. My pediatrician would scold me if he knew. But, I've been giving in to his demands for the paci. I have to. My head is splitting and my ears are bleeding from the sounds of those screams. And he's been sick, so when he's not freaking out I feel bad for him.
Sometimes, though, the tantrums get a bit violent instead of just loud. Like today when we were playing outside. Zander was riding Nick's tractor (kudos to Nick for sharing) and decided he wanted his trike back because Nick had it. So, Nick, being a great big brother, gave it back and headed for the tractor. But then, Zander didn't want the trike anymore. He wanted the tractor back. You know, because Nick had it.
See, he's riding all nice.

Then he sees Nick riding the tractor and decides this piece 'o crap trike isn't good enough for him. So, he attempts to throw it. (I'd probably laugh if I wasn't trying so hard to keep my cool).
When the physical part of the tantrum is over he is left, crying in the street. Literally.

Yeah, we went inside after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment