I took Zander to our 8:30 class, leaving behind a whining Nick who really wanted to go watch his brother. I figured it might not be wise the first day out. So, I have no photos of Zander, but can say he did great. He floated on his back and laid on his stomach and kicked and blew bubbles with the best of them. The only thing he didn't do (which was mostly my fault) was completely submerge his head in the water. Hey, I hate putting my face in without plugging my nose, I can't make my kid do it.
For Nick's class (at 2:45) I dropped him off with Mike and me and Zander went to the grocery store for some killer deals. It only took a few minutes so we stopped in to watch the second half of Nick's class. I was happy to see he was in the water, but unfortunately Mike had to be in there with him. He was the only parent. Yeah, that's our kid. By the time we showed up Nick was kind of participating, but still not really trying. He wouldn't even put his mouth in to blow bubbles. But, he also wasn't scared to death of getting in, so we let it go.

Unfortunately, as soon as class ended so did Nick's good mood. He threw the absolute worst tantrum I have seen in a long time, right there on the pool deck. He didn't want to go home and he let EVERYONE know it. The tantrum lasted the entire way home and until he finally fell asleep. He slept for an hour and a half before I finally had to wake him up for dinner.
Lesson learned from this experience: Make sure Nick naps BEFORE swim lessons next week.
Hopefully I will also have a few more pictures from lessons next week.
1 comment:
we've been in lessons for a year and we deal with this regularly. We used to be the only parents in the pool. Soon, you'll get to watch like everyone else :) btw, ty's last tantrum lasted 2 hrs @ the pool and we had no way of getting him out of the pool bc we didn't have our suits on so be prepared!
Post a Comment