Friday, March 5, 2010

Cabin fever

We've got it. Bad. It has been a very long, very snowy, very cold winter. Which means playing outside has been darn near impossible. Those few sledding trips we took coupled with the couple of times the boys went out to shovel with us were the only opportunities they had to breathe fresh air for more than the few seconds it takes to run from the car to Target in several months.

So, when the temperatures hit a balmy 38 degrees on Friday we took full advantage of the situation. Nick busted out his beloved tractor (I can't believe the thing actually ran after the battery sat frozen in our garage all winter) and I got out a tricycle for Zander (I didn't want to risk the tantrum if his little 4-wheeler didn't work). We enjoyed 45 minutes outside before finally calling it quits. I'm hoping to find time to get outside this weekend, too. It's going to be in the 40s!! That's almost shorts weather around here. :)

Nick had some fun sledding. Am I a bad mom for letting him sled into the cement driveway?






They both had fun riding around.








And Nick even helped clean up.

No comments: