Sunday, January 31, 2010

Explosion

Today was my morning to sleep in. I managed to get to 6:30 a.m. before waking up to a commotion outside the bedroom door. Nick and Zander were yelling at each other. No biggy. I rolled over, hoping to nod back off again.

A few minutes later I hear Nick apologizing to Mike: "I didn't mean to break it Daddy." I wondered what was going on, then decided Mike probably had it under control, so I once again tried to fall back asleep. Then I heard the sound of glass being picked up off the floor in the hallway (the tinging noise it makes when it hits other pieces of glass in your palm is quite distinct). At that point I realized that even if Mike had it under control I should probably get up and see what was going on. This is what I found:







Mike has learned that I like documentation and grabbed the point and shoot to get these pictures before he started cleaning up. Apparently Nick and Zander were fighting over the nightlight. Zander was trying to take it out of the socket. Nick didn't want him to. A tugging match ensued and then the lightbulb exploded and the bottom of the nightlight singed Nick's hand. I'm not sure why, but it didn't actually burn it -- just got it a little sooty. Somehow Zander managed to escape from being cut by the exploding lightbulb, too.

On the positive side, the little mishap led us to another problem we've been having with our kitchen outlets and a quick call to Mike's dad (an electrician) fixed that, too.

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Glad they are Ok. We had to call an electrician for a similar problem too...