Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring

And in the middle of winter. Nick has been begging to go outside, but it has been so dang cold that I haven't wanted to send him out. The weekends it's been warm enough we've been too busy to be outside. Today he was begging and pleading to head outside, and I can't say I blame him. I'm a little sick of winter, too.

Zander has been sick (puked three times now), so I told Nick after I got Zander down for his nap I would take him outside. Little did I know it would be raining (in January) when Z finally went down. Well, I chickened out, but Mike was kind enough to bundle Nick up and head outside with him. They both came in about 30 minutes later dripping wet from the rain. And Nick took a spill in a snow/ice bank and scratched up his chin and cheek quite nicely. Gotta love winter.



Does this look like a face that was happy to be outside? Not so much -- but he was. I think this was right after he biffed it in the snow bank.


How about this face? Looks happy, huh? Look how wet his coat is. I can't say I blame him for looking cranky.

No comments: