There are some benefits to sending my boys to a Catholic preschool. One of them is holiday concerts! The music choices are simple. The notes are never in tune, but the show is always one worth watching. And my little guy surely didn’t disappoint (though I almost did – more on that later). For 15 minutes Zander and his classmates sang their little hearts out about gingerbread men, Christmas and baby Jesus. Though Zander wasn’t always as vocal as he was during his Thanksgiving program he was definitely doing his part to make sure the whole gym heard when they sang a Christmas version of “If You’re Happy and You Know It” and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.” Isn’t he so cute?
As of my failing as a mother --- My kids don’t dress up. We don’t go to church. We don’t go to fancy restaurants and we don’t entertain or go places to be entertained (unless you count Chuck E. Cheese or McDonalds). So, we don’t own dress up clothes. Apparently, we own none in Zander’s current size. And this was supposed to be a “dress up” kind of program. So after dropping the boys off at school I high-tailed it to the mall in search of something, anything, he could wear today. Then I remembered the two other reasons my kids don’t dress up. There are very few things out there for boys and what is available is expensive. But, I bit the bullet and bought this cute shirt/sweater combo for Zander and two other sets for Nick and Ben. They cost an arm and a leg, but to get matching stuff like this I have to buy the “just in” clothes or there is nothing left in the right sizes. So, now I have to get their pictures taken this winter and I have to find a reason to get them dressed up (though Zander was obviously not digging the two-shirt combo – he kept pulling at the sweater trying to readjust everything through much of the show). Oh well, at least he looks cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment