After all the fun at our first Christmas of the season Zander woke up in the middle of the night unable to catch his breath. I thought he was puking in his bed and jumped up to get him to the bathroom. Once I realized it wasn’t a stomach issue I got him in the living room to cuddle, but he just couldn’t settle down. Then he coughed. It was the dreaded seal cough. Ugh. So I gave him some ibuprofen and tried to get him to relax enough to catch his breath. I was *thisclose* to taking him to the emergency room. Instead we just kept cuddling. At one point I was rubbing his back and he says “There is something wrong with me. Is it because I played with my samurai too much?” Broke my heart. Then I told him I loved him, but that wasn’t enough. In his pathetic little sick voice he said “There’s more.” Zander can’t just say “I love you.” It is always “I love you to the moon and back, so much, forever.” I guess when he is sick he really needs to hear it and I was happy to oblige.
No comments:
Post a Comment