Our first snow of the year definitely didn’t disappoint (unless of course you didn’t want snow and then it was a huge disappointment). Winter storm Draco (yes, like the Harry Potter wizard) dumped between 8 and 12 inches of snow on the town. School was canceled and travel was not advised. Being the rule-follower that I am I opted to take a snow day with the boys. However, Mike didn’t know this for sure when he went out to snow plow and rake the roof. After our old snow plow went kaput and Mike got to buy a smaller, but newer, one he was excited about the chance to get out and see what it could do. Unfortunately for him, so was Nick. I was supposed to stay inside with Ben, but I couldn’t resist stepping outside to snap a few (or a hundred) shots. So I left Ben at the window and went out to brave the blizzard (it really was, the wind was blowing up to 50 miles per hour).
Poor Santa had a rough night.
Nick started by following along behind Mike with the shovel, but quickly begged his way into taking the reins.
Happy boy!
Once inside Mike made chocolate chip pancakes for the boys and I searched through totes full of winter stuff for snow pants and boots for Ben. I couldn’t find any in his size, but figured these pants, which are a size too big, and the boots, which were also a size too big, would have to do.
Ben also had his first Play-doh experience. He wasn’t completely sold on the whole idea.
Then we invited the neighbor over to watch a movie (How the Grinch Stole Christmas) in our super cool fort.
And we did art projects.
And ended the day the way it began, outside plowing and playing in the snow. Only this time the Abominable Snowman Benny got to join us.
He wasn’t quite sure what to think of the snow or the wind.
Or the snow plow.
And he was done. Oh, and mom, when you read this, doesn’t he look exactly like a Graham in this picture.
The boys tried sliding down our neighbor’s backyard, but the snow wasn’t quite ready for real sledding. I don’t think they ever actually made it down the hill. Maybe tomorrow. Word on the street is school is for sure delayed and might even be canceled again. Yeah, for extra long Christmas breaks!
No comments:
Post a Comment