Sunday, February 12, 2012

I *heart* Valentine’s

Is there a symbol for sarcasm? Because that is what I need right now. I really don’t like Valentine’s Day. Mike has never been very good at the holiday so we just don’t celebrate and now that we have two kids in school the holiday has become even more fun. Valentine’s cards are the most tedious, mind-numbing task possible, at least when your kids are 3 and 6. Zander’s teacher and daycare provider FINALLY sent home the class list of names. Nothing like the last minute. The only positive: his teacher printed out the class names and a sheet of Zanders so all he had to do was cut and paste. Brilliant, I tell you. Brilliant.

Zander5

Zander6

But even this simple task took eons to complete. And then each Valentine needed a skull tattoo (perfect for the Catholic school class) stuck in tiny little slots before it could be folded and stuck together with a little heart sticker. Ugh. Did I mention how much I hate Valentine’s? Hats off to those crafty moms (I know I have one of you reading this) who *gasp* make their Valentine’s each year. I did it once and never again. I don’t care how many cute little cards I find on Pinterest, my kids are going to be bringing the store bought cards to school each year.

 Zander7

Guess I should be glad they are boys because truthfully, they really don’t care.

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

hehehe....is that me?

emilyc said...

But of course. :) You know I love ya, but you make the rest of us slackers look bad.