Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mr. Independent

There are some days that Nick can be super independent. He is tall enough to reach just about everything in our house and if he can’t get it from his feet he most definitely can with the help of a chair. Lately he’s taken to wanting to help pack his lunch. Sounds great right. Except I have two hours to get myself and two kids ready, pack two lunches, feed one child a bottle and another breakfast and get out the door. Thankfully Mike takes care of Nick so I have one less task on my checklist each morning. When Nick makes his lunch I still have to supervise. And he is still kind of really slow. So his “help” ends up taking me longer. I just have to remind myself that someday his help will really be a help, and then he won’t offer it up anymore. Ah, the joys of motherhood. And, yes, that is what my countertop looks like every morning. It is chaos everyday.

Nick1

Nick2

No comments: